Friday, October 7, 2016
Your Fall Checklist!
Now is the time to begin preparing for the upcoming winter months. Take advantage of these cooler fall days to do some chores around the house, both inside and out.
Here is a list of some outdoor chores you can start to tackle:
1) Clean outdoor furniture and kid’s summer toys.
2) Touch up flaking paint on the exterior of your home or deck.
3) Caulk around your window and doors to keep bugs and cold air from seeping in.
4) Check your gutters to see if they are clogged. If so, clean them out so you don’t get any water damage. Or consider installing gutter protection and never have to worry about clogged gutters again!
5) Wash your windows.
6) Clean your chimneys and flues to reduce risk of fire.
And don’t forget the inside chores:
1) Clean from top to bottom. Windows, cobwebs, baseboards and everything in between.
2) Have your furnace inspected. Don’t wait until that first cold night to find out it isn’t working properly.
3) Get your carpets clean before the holiday festivities begin.
4) Drain sediment from your hot water heater.
5) Change the filters in your furnace.
6) Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors.
This list could go on and on but you get the drift. There is a lot to do so start today and check things off one by one. Soon all your chores will be complete and all you have to do is relax!